The independent London newspaper

Clutter warning as cat is rescued from flat fire

Cat treated by paramedics

02 April, 2021

FIREFIGHTERS saved a cat from a blaze at a flat in Kentish Town.

Nobody was hurt in the fire at the property in Lady Margaret Road but station officer Alex Cardy said they had “rescued a cat from the affected fire, who was treated on the scene by London Ambulance Service crews and taken to the vets to be checked over”.

He added: “There were a lot of possessions and clutter inside the flat which made it challenging for firefighters. Hoarding means exit routes can become blocked, making safe evacuation more difficult.

“Fires can also spread much faster, especially when there are flammable items such as newspapers or cardboard.”

Investigators believe the fire on March 19 started with an electrical fault. It took two hours to bring the blaze under control.


Share this story

Post a comment